The Statistics on Marriages and Divorces provided some interesting numbers which we would like to share with our readers:
- In 2013, there were a total of 26,254 marriages
- 3 in 4 marriages were the first for both partners
- 40.5 males got married per 1,000 unmarried males aged 15-49 years
- 36.9 females got married per 1,000 unmarried females aged 15-49 years
- There were a total of 7,525 Divorces and Annulments
- Median duration of marriages that ended in divorce 10.4 years
- 7.3 males got divorced per 1,000 married males aged 20 years and over
- 6.9 females got divorced per 1,000 married females aged 20 years and over
- 30.2 years for males is the median age at first marriage
- 28.1 years for females is the median age at first marriage
- 42.4 years for males is the median age at divorce
- 38.2 years for females is the median age at divorce
In 2013, the statistics showed that most of the divorces lasted less than 11 years. The numbers are shocking but not surprising as globalization has brought about increasing demands and pressure. Hence, we can see the relevant authorities sparing no effort in promoting work life balance and strengthening family nucleus and values amongst Singaporeans.
If you need a professional and experienced divorce lawyer to speak to, visit us at www.DivorceLawyerSG.com and let us help you with your case.